Thursday, May 19, 2005

Okuma Trip

Hello everyone! I figured it was about time I update this this so here it goes...

We went to Okuma, which is a military resort, this last weekend. We had an okay time considering it rained the whole time we were there. Thank goodness we got a suite with a tv and dvd player instead of a cabin or something. The beach up there is really nice and there isn't much coral so your feet don't get hurt from walking there. Island kind of bends around close to the beach so it is a truly beautiful view. Even though it was raining we made the best of it and did the glass bottom boat ride, the bike rentals, and the putt-putt golf. We can't wait to go back in July, I just hope it is nicer weather. Up above are some pictures of our trip.

Colin is walking everywhere now. He still falls a lot, but he continues to get back up. He ate his cereal with a spoon the other day, so that is also new. He loves the water. He has no fear of the water at the beach. I have to watch hium really closely, because he thinks he can swim! He lays on his belly and moves his arms and legs around.

Ryan is doing well. We went to the elementary school to get him an application for the pre-K program here and he was so excited. He kept saying.."Is this going to be my room?"..."Is this where I will eat luch?"..."Is this the library where I can read?"..."I they going to be my friends?" We passed several classrooms, the library, the lunch room, and several kids on the way to the office. I am glad that he is so excited, I hope he stays that way for awhile at least.

I finally got my licsense for the daycare, but I haven't had any kids yet. I am going to keep my neighbors daughter on Monday and Tuesday, so she will be my first. I am keeping busy with other things, the gym and trying to explore the island a little. I think I am going to take a couple of classes this next term here, but I am not sure.

Matt has an exercise going on right now, so he has to work horrible hours. He goes up for BTZ (where he would move up in rank early) in about two weeks. I really hope he gets it. We probably won't find out until the middle of June. He is only taking one class this term, which is the last class he needs to finish his associates degree. He needs to take Chemistry and A&P, but they are not offering either right now. Unfortunately, it looks like they are not going to offer A&P for a long while, so we are not sure what he can do...I guess we will have to wait and see.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I will talk to you soon.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your trip was nice despite the rain.  Is this the rainy season there?  The pictures look like it is beautiful anyway.  I can hardly wait to see it in person.  The picture of Colin and a friend is good enough for a magazine poster, the way they are posed and all.

It is cold and rainy here today.  We haven't had much real warm Spring weather yet.  I guess it will just go right to 'HOT'.

I hope Ryan likes school, he seems to be looking forward to going.  When does their school year start?  Will he have a full five day week? I'm sure Colin will miss him when he starts.  I hope Matt makes the BTZ.  Good Luck Son!  We really miss you all.  
Lots of Love,

Grandma Murhl