Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Recent Activities

Well, now that the holidays are over and this month is almost over, we are all back in the swing of things. Due to deployments, Matt is now the crew chief of his group and is now slightly busier. I think he enjoys it and even though he is not the higghest ranking left, he got the job because he is the most knowledgeable. Matt has also started back to school this week and is taking two classes. Another history and a philosophy class.

Ryan is back at school and is riding the bus everyday. It is so nice to be able to put him on the bus instead of having to take him and fight the crazy parents in the parking lot. He is getting very excited about turning 5 and says that he wants to have a football party. We went online and picked out the stuff for it the other day.

Colin is doing well, but is getting some more teeth and so he has been waking up in the night again. We went to a birthday party the other day and he all of a sudden started being a bully and pushing all the younger kids down. I guess he was just happy to finally be the bigger one in a group. He also has a new favorite pastime of turning off the television. He is so hard to get mad at though because he is so cute!

We had a couple over for dinner on sunday night that had just moved in. They are our age and are ver nice, but very hard to cook for. They don't eat any pork, any ground meat, they like organic foods, and they try not to eat dairy. I almost said, "Well, maybe you should cook for us!" It turned out okay though. I made something with chicken and they seemed to like it. Matt jocked after they left that maybe they went home and threw it up. I hope not, because I worked hard on the food.

I have been still watching Aidan in the mornings and I have started cleaning my neighbors house every wednesday afternoon. I also called the red cross and I am going to see them on Friday about voluteering at the hospital. I have my CNA from nursing school, so I figure it would be nice to put some of my skills to use. Also this way I can keep my certification up and when I get back to the states I can use it to get a paying job if I want. I am excited, because she told me that I can probably work in whatever section of the hospital that I want. I am going to tell he ER or Labor & Delivery. Idon't think I have ever been so excited to work for free, but it will get me back in the hospital and that is what I want.

Well, I better go. Aidan is crying and I am sure I have other stuff I need to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just talked to you on the phone, and came down to sign on and see the new pictures you posted.  He's so cute.  It looks like Colin is starting to look more like Ryan.  I am going to try and check on my passport too, while I am signed on.   It should have been here by now, I sent them everything the first of the month.
I will call you all this weekend if I can get through to you.

Lots of Love,

Mom Blessing  

Anonymous said...

Hey!
 Karen this is Chris i have a new journal it is www.journals.aol.com/millerffh2011/tennismanshomepage well i hope to keep in touch haven't talked in a while and i like the pics of colin he is so cute