Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ryan's Birthday and More

Well, I have taken longer than I should have to update after Ryan's birthday so I thought I had better get to work. Ryan's birthday went great. We had about ten or twelve kids here and the weather was nice so we were able to have it outside. Matt painted a football field in the grass and we had everything else all decked out in football stuff. Ryan got tons of toys and has been enjoying most of them. We got him a new bike and he is just loving that.

Colin is trying to be such a big boy now. He copies everything that Ryan does and wants to do more big boy stuff like play with playdoh. He an dI take the dog for walks in the afternoon after lunch if we haven't gotten outside much, just for a little change in pace. He doesn't like to be in the strolller, so I let him walk and explore the things that he finds in the grass.

Matt has a break from school right now. He got another A in the last class he took. Now he is signed up to take three classes this next term and he is signed up to CLEP an additional two. We will see. I hope he does well on the CLEPs that way he can knock out two classes very quickly. We just want to make sure that he is done with his bachelors before we leave here. He has been working of course and it has been much of the same as far as that goes.

This month was my first month selling Pampered Chef. So far it is going pretty well. I had my first show and I was very nervous, but I think I did good. I also started volunteering at the hospital this las week and I have now been there two times. I like it so much! I have fun, I get to see a lot of things, and I get to practice some of my skills. Last night one of the people who work there let me practice an IV on them. I got it on my second try and was very excited. They are also going to let me take part in all the training that they offer the corpsman (the Navy people). So I guess that I won't get to go to nursing school, but I am still going to get to learn so much.

We are moving right along into the year and in a couple of weeks Murhl and Lew, Matt's parents, will be here. We are so excited to show them around and spend some time with them. While they are here Colin will have his second birthday, so I will probably update some more after that. Hope everyone is well and that I get to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally remembered to look at your journal. I am not getting the email that tells me when it is updated. Can't wait to get those pictures from snapfish so i can order some of them. Maybe you could send some email so i can print them.
Love, Mom