Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Needed Break











Well, we had a visitor for a week and it was wonderful. My Mom came and pretty much picked up the slack that (if you know me) is constantly a part of my life. She kept the house clean, did the laundry, took the kids to school, and even cleaned my fridge. It was so nice...and appreciated more than I could ever express. The kids really enjoyed her being here and we were all sad to see her go.

Ryan has been struggling lately with quite the little attitude and he and I seem to be constantly butting heads. We are working on it, but definately have a ways to go. The counselor at school wants him to maybe start seeing a counselor while he is there, so I guess we will see how that goes. He is still playing soccer and enjoying that when he isn't being overly competitive.

Colin is also playing soccer and is loving every minute of it. Unfortunately for him his practices seem to get canceled a lot due to weather...so he is always really disappointed about that.

Some of you may have heard that we had a huge fire in this area last week. Over 200 structures burnt to the ground including 26 houses in Midwest City and 58 houses in Choctaw which is the town where I live. several people that we know through church, boyscouts, and school were affected. Our house was fine, although the fire was fairly near. The houses that did burn down burnt all the way to the ground as the firefighters focused on keeping it from spreading instead of putting out houses that were already on fire. Luckily now one was killed and there were only a few injuries.

My school will be over here soon for the summer and I cannot wait. i had clinical today in a pre-op area where I got to start several IVs. I was able to start 7 and got all of them on the first stick. It was great to get that skill under my belt so that I can move forward to pediatrics next semester and not feel so nervous. I will update more later...I hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am sure Joni had a wonderful time with you as well. Mom's are always wonderful for helping out. Enjoy your break from school!