Saturday, October 16, 2004

Update

Hey everyone! I thought I might try something new, an online journal.  I was hoping that this way I would be able to add entries about any news we might have and then you all could check it whenever you wanted.  Let me know if you like this or just regular emails better and I will do it whichever way.

Colin turned 6 months old yesterday and he has is first real illness.  He has a cough, fever, and runny nose. On a good note, in the past month Colin has gotten his two bottom teeth in, and boy are those things sharp! We also started Colin on solid foods.  He wasn't too fond of the cereal, but now that we started adding fruit he eats it up.  Colin also started to sit up a couple of weeks ago, but he flops over a lot still. Colin started daycare the first week of October and he seems to like it pretty well.  I think he cries the least of all the babies in there.

Ryan is still going to daycare, but he likes it more all the time. He can't stop talking about his friends Leo and Carter.  He just finished up his fall soccer season and got another trophy.  I think he will miss soccer when we go to Japan, and I know he will miss Coach Carol.  He has settled in so well here I hate to take him out of everything, but I guess I better get used to it if we decide to stay in the military.

Matt and I are busy as usual and spend many a day trading off kids.  Matt is doing good in his math class and gets better at his speeches for speech class all the time.  My Dad has been here this past week, which has been nice for Matt and I.  We have gotten plenty of visiting in, since we won't get a chance to go down to Florida before we leave. We have also been busy, Matt more than me, getting some of our outprocessing stuff done.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. Let me know how you like this journal thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, Matt, Ryan and Colin -
We will all miss you so very much!  I wish you the best of luck in Japan and in your family... I am so glad to hear the boys are doing well and you two as well.  
I love you all very much!

XoXoXo
Terri

Anonymous said...

Matt and Karen
This is a great idea!! I hope you can get this when you go to Japan cuz' we sure are gonna miss you.  Do you think you will be able to come to Indiana before you leave???
Love and Kisses :)
Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!
Casey has a runny nose, too.  The kids really enjoy what is going on with Ryan and Colin.

Anonymous said...

HI mkmccauley! This is really cute! It's always fun to get mail, and to have it personalized by a friend with thoughts of her family is a real treat! I hope we keep in touch! ( Tristan w/ his trophy up his nose.....LOL!)                 M&K HERRING &FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Hi McCauley Family,
Guess I will have to get used to talking via email more often when you go to Japan. Even if I find a phone plan for overseas calls, it will not be cheap. But I am sure I will call anyway because nothing replaces the sound of your voices. I loved the pictures and the picture of Colin sitting up brought tears to my eyes. (of course). The computer says my comment is public but that is ok because my love for you & your family is public knowledge! Peg Martin (our friend & neighbor) had surgery today and everything seemed to go well. They are now waiting on the results of the tissue test to see if the cancer has spread. The baby shower went real well, she was totally suprised. She thought that her Mom was dragging her out to play bingo! Well, I must sign off since it is getting late & I must work again tomorrow. Love & Miss you all!  Grandma Hartzler