Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Once Upon A Time The Sun Did Shine

Just not here...We are now in our 5th straight day of rain and it is going to continue through the weekend. When I say rain, I mean rain, it has been pouring most of the time and giving us an occasional sprinkle.

Okay, now that I complained about that...How is everyone else doing? I haven't heard from most of you in awhile, so I hope all is well. Honestly, I wonder how many people read this as I only hear that a few of you do.

Matt has class now on Mondays and Wednesdays until almost 11pm. I know this is hard for him as he gets really tired. Hopefully he will get some good rest over Father's Day weekend. His package has gone up for BTZ (the promotion thing) and now we are just waiting. We thought he would hear sometime this week, but it may not be until the end of the month now. Who knows! We also found out that there are only three slots for BTZ and probably at least ten - fifteen people going up for it.

Colin has been very fussy with me lately and I think he is getting a little sick. He hasn't really gotten sick very often so maybe that is the problem, he doesn't know what it feels like. He has figured out how to make he ride on toy scoot around a little bit and so he enjoys playing with it a lot more now.

Ryan has been doing "homework" nonstop. He has these SchoolZone workbooks that I got for the plane ride and he loves them. He works on writing his letters, numbers, letter sounds, and following directions. We are happy that he is so into it, and with all the rain it sure is good timing.

I have been doing the daycare and I am anxiously awaiting my first monthly inspection. I just want to get the critisism over with and move on. I get a call olmost every day for the daycare so it is nice that I am able to make a little bit of money. I have also stepped up my gym workouts. I am now going to the gym five times a week so I am very sore. I am hoping that I will really be able to see some results this way.

Well, I have to get these kids in bed. Sorry there are no pictures this time. I dropped my camera in the sand and now it is not working properly. Love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I, for one enjoy these posted updates.  I don't get to talk to you as often as I would like because of the time difference.  We went to Brenna's and Casey's dance recital.  They were so cute, and did really well.  
I am glad Ryan likes working on his letters and working in the workbooks.  He's so smart anyway, I think he'll do very well in school.  I hope Colin feels better soon.
We are staying busy, I call Bingo tonight, and tomorrow night I have my Sally Minton Memory Dinner, and then Flag Day Ceremony at the Elks.  Carol is singing at F. D. Ceremony.  The weekend is full too, as usual.
I hope Matt gets the BTZ.  I know how hard he is trying to excel, and I am so proud of him anyway.  
I will try to call you all this weekend.  Love to all.

Grandma Murhl  
   
 

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I always enjoy reading reading your journal updates. Maybe some people read but do not add any comments. I am getting so excited about the trip. Tonight I went online to find a hotel near Dulles. We are going to spend Fri. night at a hotel and park our vehicle there. We will be staying at the Comfort Inn in Herndon, VA only 6 miles from the airport. We can leave our car there for up to 14 days and it will cost us $129 plus tax. Since we need to get to the airport by around 7am we like to do it this way. I am also trying to check on our flight status with United but am waiting for a new password via email. Mark did not remember registering with United online but when I tried to register as new, they already had our mileage plus member number registered. Tomorrow I go to the quarry to do my open water dives. For some reason I am a little nervous. I am sure I will get over that once I get started. If you want to reach Mark on Sunday, call before 10:30am or after 6pm our time. Love you bunches, Mom